In this video, besides playing songs from his CD “RAIZES X INFLUÊNCIAS,” Zuzo provides simplified groove fundamentals that can be used from a basic level until advanced in all styles. Alexandre Reis joins Zuzo on drums.
- Chromatic approximation (Chromaticism).
- Arpeggios and chromaticism in arpeggios, scales, and application of "blue" notes and turn around.
TEMPO AND RHYTHMS:
- Variation of rhythms, divisions, and conscious use of syncopation in: grooves in compound meter (tempus rubato) and polyrhythmic figures.
FUNDAMENTALS TO IMPROVE EXPRESSION AND FELLING WITH THE INSTRUMENT: vibratos, slides and pull in, dynamic variations.
SIMPLIFIED APPLICATION OF SCALES:
- All-neck visualization.
PATTERNS IN DIFFERENT DIVISIONS OF INTENTION:
- Blues (Used scales and blues accent).
- Rock (Different fingering exercises for faster use of scales and arpeggios).
- Jazz (Chromatic approximation in scales, altered scale and how to use it).
- Funk (usual use of syncopation in the style and exercises).
Zuzo Moussawer™ - 2015